Monday, June 18, 2012

What is $70 Worth?

In Boston, it could be two hours of dinnerout with friends.
Last night, it was the decision to take a second checked bag (which is no longer free even on transcontinental flights). Instead of painstakingly weighing and sifting and repacking to redistribute or jettison a total of eight extra pounds, I decided to make my life simple and just pay the seventy dollars for the extra bag.
Of course, on tour, it could buy a week's sustenance and entertainment.

My dad would say that seventy dollars is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I would definitely pay that for a first class upgrade on an overnight flight. It still seems weird to pay it to ditch the carry-on at check in.But it must be worth it to me, since I've decided to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment